Re: [Planner] RE: Welcome to the "Planner" mailing list

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 17:49 -0500, King, Michael wrote:
> 1.  I'm using Winplanner, has the bug in it (specifically the one where
> the days in the Gantt view are off by one day) been identified?  Is it
> something that is easily fixed?  Or is winplanner more of a separate
> project, and should I be asking this somewhere else?

I'd have to defer to Francisco on the status of this bug.  Francisco and
Jani put together the winplanner version, and its sort of a parallel
project - I wouldn't call it completely separate since we're keeping the
same code base.

> 2.  Does this particular bug exist in the Linux version?

No, it seems to be specific to the Windows version.

> 3.  Has any though been given to using the OpenDocument format that was
> floated here a few months ago?

Yes, I have, though I haven't had much time to devote to that project.
I would like to at least support the format via import/export once its
ready, and would consider making it the default in the long term, but
that depends on a number of things that will become clear as the
standard develops.

> So far, of the 3 open projects I've tried (dotproject, Open Workbench,
> and Winplanner)  Winplanner wins hands down on ease of use.  I was using
> Winplanner within a few minutes, where the others either have serious
> limitations, or seem overly complex.

Thanks!  Good to hear!

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>