Re: [Planner] Auto predecessors

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 12:27 +1000, Chris Velevitch wrote:
> When starting a new project and you enter your initial set of tasks,
> why isn't there some form of automatic precedence for each task? This
> way you have a rough notion of how long the project will take. Then
> you can go about the task of refining this value by changing the
> duration and precedence.

Interesting thought, but I'm not sure what criteria you'd use to
automatically determine precedence?  Seems to me it might be just as
time consuming to modify automatic settings than to set them manually
from the start unless you're using the tool in some sort of unusual way.

My initial thought on this is it might make more sense for you to create
some project templates if you have standard tasks or a methodology that
gets followed every time.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>