[Planner] Re: Earned Value in Planner?

Bruce Moffatt kirjoitti:
Hi planner list,

I am using planner 0.12 to track a smallish software project - six software developers, three data collection staff, two engineering design staff plus me (project manager). So far planner is doing all I want with it, and I am wondering if there are any plans to extend the planner functionality to be able to do Earned Value analysis. I'm tempted to try to write something myself, but never was that good as a software developer (hence now project manager). I can write the logic, and could probably even write a parsing script to extract the data from the .planner file to import into a spreadsheet. I thought I'd ask here first.

First, I recommend to upgrade to 0.13 versio. There is a pretty much changed there. (see http://www.imendio.com/archive/press/projects/planner/20050314-planner.html)

Since your need sounds spesific for yourself, you might want to just parse .planner XML and do what ever needed. Of course you can contribute your efforts to people wanting similiar functionality.

--

Jani Tiainen