[Planner] Earned Value in Planner?

Hi planner list,

I am using planner 0.12 to track a smallish software project - six software
developers, three data collection staff, two engineering design staff plus me
(project manager). So far planner is doing all I want with it, and I am
wondering if there are any plans to extend the planner functionality to be
able to do Earned Value analysis. I'm tempted to try to write something
myself, but never was that good as a software developer (hence now project
manager). I can write the logic, and could probably even write a parsing
script to extract the data from the .planner file to import into a
spreadsheet. I thought I'd ask here first.

Cheers,

Bruce Moffatt