[Planner] Re: properties

Thanks - i think i got a bit confused by the UI. does exactly what i need it to now though.

For reference, here are some thoughts about the UI, though i'm using an older version here so they might already be fixed:

1. The thing that made it hardest to discover about custom properties was when i right-clicked on a task i got edit properties. Editing properties doesn't include custom properties, and 'edit custom properties' isn't an option when you right-click.

2. 'edit custom properties' only appears in the main menu when it is available: it doesn't get ghosted out if its not available. so you don't see it and remember it for later. and actually it controls defining properties rather than editing an items properties.

don't know what the answers are.

looking forward to the .13 release.

miles

Richard Hult wrote:
Miles wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

I would like to use the ability of planner to attach custom properties to tasks/projects.

I want to label each task with a 'client' field and an 'accounts code' field. Accounts codes correspond roughly to the 'type' of task - support, graphic design, development, etc. If possible, I want to be able to specify a list of options for each property, so that I can avoid re-typing each time.

There is basic support for custom properties. Switch to the task view and choose actions->edit custom properties. There you can add properties , we don't have list support though, only string, int, and float. (Actually there is some support for string lists, but it's disabled in the code since it's not completed).

Regards,
Richard