Re: [Planner] Database work plan

On Sunday 27 June 2004 12:12, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I have started this morning to work in the database backend in order to
> solve the issues we have. Once the database backend is in good shape we
> can start thinking in how to use it to implement things like sharing
> plans between users or using some web inteface to modify plan data.
> Also, we can restart the issue of adding support for other databases
> (MySQL seems to be the more loved ;-)).
>
> The first thing is to have clear all the problems we have. I have tested
> right now the actual state of the backend in CVS and try to access
> bugs.gnome.org to see the bugs, but the service seems to be down right
> now.
>
> This email from Lincoln seems to be a very good report about the
> database status.
>
> http://lists.imendio.com/pipermail/planner-dev/2004-March/000183.html
>
> and I think this issues aren't bugs yet:
>
> ------------------------
> 5) Other bugs (haven't done bugzillas yet);
>
> - No database maintenance - you can't delete a project.
> - Saving a project back onto the database adds a new entry
> 	but no other identification as to which is which.
> - The database load orders resource names differently
> 	from a file-open (at least on my machine).
> - Opening up a project from a file and then changing a resource
> 	unit for an assignment updates gantt correctly
> 	but opening up a project from a database and then
> 	changing a resource unit value for an assignment
> 	doesn't update the gantt [?] value. It does once you
> 	change the assignment. My guess is a signal not being
> 	attached for notify::assignment in the parts that
> 	build up the project from a database.
> - changing an assignment unit value doesn't actually mark
> 	a project as changed when you do a File Close.
> ----------------------------
>
> The more critical bug I think it is that if you open a project from
> database and then save it to the database, it creates a new project in
> the database, and doesn't update the loaded one.
>
> Other issue I wil try to solve is the initial creation for the database.
> If the database scheme isn't in the database the user says, or if the
> database doesn't exists, we will try to create the database and create
> all the schemas for it, so the user doesn't need the initial database
> stuff setup. She only needs to have a user to access database that can
> create databases.
>
> I propose that after talking about all the database issues, we report in
> the bugzilla all the work to be done and start working on it.
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Alvaro
I recently came across Planner, and installed it on my system (Debian
unstable with KDE as my desktop).  I tried to use the database feature
from the File->Save to Database menu entry.  But it then complained that
I did not have a relation Project did not exist.  The Debian project does
not seem to ship any documentation(at least that I can open, I guess
I do not have enough of Gnome installed to read the Help) and I can
not find anything telling me what I need to set up in the DB.  There is
no SQL to create tables as far as I can tell.

Where do I find this documentation?

Thanks in advance

David