Re: [Planner] My first impressions of Planner 0.11 (MrProject)

Hal Eisen wrote:

3) MPX file format import AND export. Microsoft Project 98
    was the last MS project to have this as an export. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/project/prk/2000/Five/67ct_2.htm

   Many other apps rely on this MPX format and may not all have
   migrated to MPP or MPD. May be nice to help people interoperate
   with Planner easily. MPX is not an XML but its a fairly nice
   easy to read ASCII and should be easy to pre-process into the
   Planner/MrProject schema. The MPXJ project (LGPL) has a lot
   more of this, though it is Java. See, http://www.tapsterrock.com/mpxj/

This would be a perfect project for someone to help out with. It would
be pretty easy since it's a pretty much standalone project. Any takers?

It would be best if Planner could filter these types in the "open" dialog box and did the necessary conversion when selected. Similarly, the "save as" dialog should offer these types and the implied conversions when selected.  A simple "save" should use the format selected during "open".
I can help you get started.

I'll take this one.  Let's talk about it off-line.

Hal

--
Stop wasting money with Microsoft Windows!  Ask me how...
http://www.builtonlinux.com - Built On Linux (IT Consulting)