Re: [Planner] Possible Features

Hi,

In the Gantt Chart view, the task number which can represent a  single
task or a major task with many subordinates can be entered as a
predecessor.  This eliminates the need to enter each task and select
predecessors.

Do you mean the ability to enter predecessors directly into a cell? That's something I've wanted to have as well. We just need someone to implement it :)

The ability to click and drag a task to the desired position to reorder
the tasks is also an invaluable time saver.  Clicking to move up and
down though usable seems like a time waster when compared to drag and
drop.

Agreed. This is unfortunately a bit cumbersome to implement with the current code. At some point we'll hopefully have the time to fix this.

Finally the ability to import from either CSV or from OpenOffice Calc or
some other spread sheet would be very helpful.  Not everyone has Planner
you know.

I'm not sure how this could work. We would have to have very specific requirements on the data to import in order to interpret it in any way. Unless you mean export, which is something we have planned, and there is even a half finished oocalc export filter that needs finishing.

Regards,
Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/