Re: [Planner] Installing Planner

Garrath,
	OK - I build from CVS so hadn't noticed that
quirk.

The CVS version will have lots of new features and bug
fixes. If you are evaluating Planner to address a particular
requirement then please email this mailing list or check
out the bugzillas at,

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/query.cgi

(product is planner) as we're working on lots of nice
new things. Has the dog ever got stuck yet :) ?.

Rgds.
Lincoln.

Garrath Earnshaw wrote:

Lincoln,

I downloaded the tarball from the planner site. But there is no autogen in the expanded code so I can't try your suggestion.

I've had another response that tells me to install the devel bits as well, so going to try that.

Thanks again.

Garrath.

lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

Garrath,
    hi - um - I've never used ./configure  I've only ever
used the autogen.

cd planner
./autogen.sh --enable-gda=yes
make

etc etc

Could be we need to tweak a makefile. Try the ./autogen.sh
first and then feedback please. The --enable-gda=yes gives
you the ability to read/write to a Postgresql database (it
works but its undocumented beta).

Rgds,
Lincoln.

Garrath Earnshaw wrote:

Has anyone had any installation problems? I have patched uptodate Fedoras with Gnome desktop and when I run the ./configure it get an error that it can't find libgnomeprintui.pc when it is checking libgnomeprintui-2.2. Using find and slocate I have determined that it isn't there, nor is libgnomeprintui-2.2, just libgnomeprintui22 which it clearly does not recognise. Some pointers as to what I am doing wrong, or what I need to install first would be gratefully received.

GarrathE