[Planner] Some issues

I just used the Planner for a simple project. Generally, it goes into the right direction, and I am very happy to see the development continue. I like the simplicity. I like how it deals with non-100% resource allocations. I like the zoom feature.

I have noticed a few problems not listed in the Roadmap. It would be nice to see them fixed. I point them out to help with improving the usability. Not criticizing, just trying to help.

1. Extension.

It would be nice to abandon this very long ".mrproject" suffix. Three-letter extensions seem to be a norm. *.pln or *.pnr ???
Also, the file dialog box should filter the planner files.

2. PDF export.

Maybe this is a problem with my RedHat, but the *.pdf produced by Planner cannot be read by Acroread. Nor can this be read by a full version Adobe Acrobat 5.0 for Win. The related *.ps export produces gibberish text when distilled by the Adobe distiller.

3. Resource overuse

It would be nice to see a diagram of resource use. Otherwise it is very difficult to tell that resources are over committed. (BTW, The planner *should* allow overcommittment)

4. Performance

Adding/Deleting resources or tasks is very slow. On a 700Mhz RH-9.0 the pause is in single seconds range, just long enough to render the Planner unusable for anything serious. I do not know how fundamental this is, but the program has no chance of acceptance if it persists.

Waldemar