Re: libGda 5?

While I'm only lurking here and not using much of Planner lately, I think there might be a significant use case for SQL support: companies and agencies with lots of projects and several teams could distribute work easier if all their tasks and projects were managed centrally. While you do load tasks in block, you load that block for one project only. And when you want to add some resources, you want to add them from your total resource pool.

And the point of it is, the more businesses use Planner, the better chance of it advancing and going forward.

Again, this is just my opinion and I probably irrelevant, but there it is.

Planner with postgreSQL support

Who does really use SQL features of Planner?

What is the purpose?
Share a project with the help of a central server can it be SQL? Register national projects with millions of tasks and resources?

I have tried it. Projects are loaded and saved in block. One does not modify calendars, resources, tasks individually. It is funny. It is not serious. No advantage over plain XML. Even if some one else manages the server, you still have to maintain your database, like handling migrations.

We could put work on fixing database support...
We should better deprecate the feature.
It does not worth its price.

It is not core Planner, it is a third-party add-on. It can have the form of an XSLT file in an extra/ directory.

A better way to share, is to use a version control server.
Entrust your genuine XML planner file to a Git repository.
You still can plan big projects...