Planner crash on save file

Good morning!

I just installed planner-0.14.6.exe on win7 x64. Installed the gtk libraries as part of the project.  I was able to start the project as well as use it.

When I tried to save the file though, the project crashed.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
"The application has asked the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for further information"

The file seems to have been written well, no xml errors when I open the file in IE.

When I try to open the file with planner, it complains - "Failed to open file '/c:/users/.../x.planner': Invalid argument.

I installed planner on winxp x86 and got the same error while saving a file.

What information would you like to debug. Is there a way to enable debug logs?

thanks