Good Idea - PERT and CPM algorithms and utilities

I've been using Planner on and off for various projects and have found
it useful.  However, development seems to be uneven and very slow right
now.  In looking for some news on any developments, I checked out this
mailing list and found Anatoly's post as the last one... and it's a
great idea!  So, I'd like to know if Anatoly got anywhere with the idea
of creating a general purpose project management function library for
C/C++.  If not, perhaps I can make an attempt over the next few months
or so...

--A