Inegrate Planner with Task-management app

Hello Planner team,

I'm writing a task-management app using Gnome desktop technologies. This
app is planned to supply a unified model for micro-handling of tasks
(GTD-style) and macro-management and planning, using Gantt charts,
critical path models and so on.

For the second part, macro-planning, obviously Planner does much work
already, so I'd like to integrate with it. I didn't dive into the code,
but I saw there's a separate libplanner library giving access to data.

The question is: When I look at Planner, it seems to be very simple and
user-friendly, an attractive desktop app for effective project planning.
But somehow, I don't hear about projects using it. Especially Gnome
projects, which should be the first ones to do so. So I decided to check
the development status, maybe the project was phased out and I didn't
notice.

The pages on Gnome Live haven't been updated for long time, and all
commit to the git repo from the last months seem to be small bug fixes
and minor changes.

So I'd like to know, is Planner being actively developed? If not, why?
Is it a technical reason or just the developers not having time for it?

If I decide to use Planner, I always have the option to copy code or
concepts from it, but a much better solution is to integrate. If I
decide to integrate and Planner isn't being active, maybe I'll even take
some Planner development work and get new features implemented (such as
a backend which stores data to Tracker's semantic database, allowing
Planner and my app, and many other apps, to easily integrate through
Tracker's data store).

Hoping to work together for the best free-software based project and
task management!

(Even in 2013 free-software and open-source projects use simple mailing
lists, wiki and IRC, instead of moving to modern project management
tools... which probably means that existing free software it not yet in
the required standard. But we'll improve it)

Anatoly