Feature request: pin a task to today, so the project "floats" with a todo task

Hi planner-developers,

is it planned to add a feature where you can "pin" a todo task in terms of scheduling to "today" (current date)? So a project, once started, and if it has todos left, progresses automatically, floating in terms of finishing date and subsequent tasks?

That would be a huge benefit for how I use planner, and possibly other users as well. Everytime I open a planner project, dates are outdated, and I find myself fixing it by changing project start date (this way losing information about when done tasks actually started) or by adjusting dates of scheduled tasks (tedious). Having planner calculate this would mean tie-ing in the real world into planner.

(Quite possibly I am using all this the wrong way)