Re: archiving tasks

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Leila Chesloff <leila pixar com> wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Leila,

First of all, you are supposed to be subscribed to the list to be able
to post. I had to manually approve your message. Subscribing ensures
you get the answers to your questions.

Also, this list is meant for development. The list for user questions
is planner-list gnome org (I think you'll be more likely to get an
answer to this type of questions there so I'm redirecting the thread
there).

> I have started using planner 0.14.3,

0.14.3 is quite old. Depending on the platform you are using (Windows,
Linux? What distribution?), you should rather be using 0.14.4 or
0.14.5.

> I've been finding that I really like the overall experience,

Thank you for that feedback.

> but is there a way to archive completed projects?

What would archiving mean?

> I would also Iike to be able to just take an
> entire task, extract it from my project and make it a new project, is there
> a way to do that?

There is no builtin feature to do this. However, you could create a
copy of the project file and remove all other tasks in that file. I
know this sounds less practical but it's the only way to do it at the
moment.

--
Alexandre Franke
Planner maintainer