Planner as OpenERP project Client.

Hello Folks..

I have at least 2 years using in an stand alone mode Planner to manage my projects, right now we are OpenERP integrators[1] and we have a methodology[2]  that i want to improve......
Let me explain better:

OpenERP manage all the cost and the accounting stuff for our projects but right now is not capable of a very strong-usable manage of projects, for this reason we use the methodology (Pre loaded list of tasks and models for a project implementation), right now I want to link my projects to our OpenERP implementation we think 2 options:

One: Parse the XML data from Planner to OpenERP.
Two: Build an xml-rpc connection and post it to our OpenERP-server [3]

The second one is more elegant, we are very skilled python-oerp programmers but, when we installed Planner from ubuntu package the python interface[4] has been almost imposible to work for us. Anybody can refer to us some link where this information is available to check it please.

Thanks a lot for your help.

[1]http://openerp.com
[2]https://launchpad.net/agile-openerp-support
[3]http://doc.openerp.com/developer/6_22_XML-RPC_web_services/index.html#python-example