Re: newbe development questions

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Michael Bauer <mvbauer gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I have recently become interested in learning more about Planner.

Great!

> I have the following questions as I start to learn more.

I'll do my best to answer them.

> 1. Is there any recommendation of where to start learning about the
> project?  For example, are there requirements people are working
> against/writing?  Is there a design document that might explain software
> architecture?  Are there any development or verification plans explaining
> coding standards, process, etc?

We don't have such things as requirements or specs. There is however a
developer documentation in the docs directory. You might also want to
get a git clone of the source and try to compile it on your machine to
start with. Have a look at http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Development

> 2. Is there any sort of high level goals for what Planner is meant to be?

>From http://live.gnome.org/Planner/About

"Planner is the GNOME project management tool.
Its goal is to be an easy-to-use no-nonsense cross-platform project
management application."

I think that sums it up already quite well. :)

> 3. Is there any sort of roadmap/schedule for Planner?

Nothing written as far as I know. You can have a look at the list of
open bugs and feature requests on
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=planner

> 4. In general I am finding it difficult to find much information on the web
> regarding Planner.  Is there a documentation effort/plan?

What kind of documentation are you looking for?

> Thanks for any help.

I hope these answers will help. If you still have questions, don't hesitate.

--
Alexandre Franke