Re: Fix white space issues, yes or no? Yes! Objections?

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 07:19:45PM +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> Now I would like to get rid of these, but I'm afraid this might cause
> conflicts with any changes that people may have locally. Or does git do
> such a good job merging that this is not an issue? Does anyone know?

If I'm not mistaken people can prevent conflicts by rebasing to master
with --whitespace=fix after I have committed the white space changes.

If I don't get any objections to it in the next day or so, I'll commit
this monster white space fixing patch ;-)

Regards,
Maurice.

P.S.: I'll also look into setting up a pre-commit hook for checking
white space errors, so they won't creep back in.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   griffon26 gentoo org    http://www.gentoo.org
Gnome Planner Developer  griffon26 kfk4ever com  http://live.gnome.org/Planner