Re: Libgda3 patch

On 2/7/08, Maurice van der Pot <griffon26 kfk4ever com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finished my libgda3 patch. At 81K it's a rather big one:
> http://www.kfk4ever.com/~griffon26/shared/planner-libgda3-fixes.patch
>
> To summarize the changes:
>
> - configure.in and two Makefile.am's were modified to detect the libgda
>   version and pass -DGDA_VERSION=NN to the compiler
>
> - previously all sql commands were done through a single function, but
>   that is now split up into one for single queries returning data and
>   one for possibly multiple commands, returning only success/failure
>
> - return value checking is now done consistently (I think we leaked some
>   GdaDataModels here and there before)
>
> - After moving some code back and forth, the sql helper functions at the
>   top of mrp-sql.c and planner-sql-plugin.c are now identical (as they
>   should be). I didn't feel it would add much to move them into a
>   separate shared file, unless there's already such a shared file that
>   I'm not aware of (?).
>
> I invite anyone to give this patch some testing. It's all about database
> access, so you'll have to pass --enable-database=yes to configure when
> building.
>
> If nobody objects, I plan to check in this patch in a week or so.
>
> Maurice.

Thank you for this!

Would it be possible to include really simple patches form all the
distros and release this as 0.14.3, before going ahead with committing
more intrusive fixes for 0.15?

For instance, Debian has had a patch that fixes MIME types for ages.
It would be nice to see upstream finally merge it and include it in a
0.14.3 point release.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi