Re: my libplanner-1.so is ignored for /usr/lib/libplanner.so

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 02:18:02PM +0530, Vikas Yadav wrote:
> I had been struggling to find a solution to a very silly problem.
> I make my planner and have modified the libplanner for the purpose.
> But when I run my make'd binary it always picks the library from /usr/lib
> directory instead of mine.
> I believe there is a very simple solution to this but since me first time on
> gtk, its troubling me a lot.

I have in my .bashrc:

export PATH=${HOME}/local/bin:${PATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

The second one is needed for shared objects.

Just in case, I usually make sure planner is not installed on the system
(/usr/lib) to prevent accidentally using the wrong binary/libraries.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot