[Planner Dev] One step behind, two steps ahead.

Hi, I would share my thoughts about the possible evolutions of planner
with you and get your feedbacks.

Two steps ahead:
  1) I would to see full_priority_scheduling work fine in planner.
  2) When a 1) will be reality I wouldn't see an application
     that it cannot be used in the real world; a simple example that
     troubles me:
     - 2 tasks ("A" and "B")
     - they start at the same time
     - they use the same resources
     - "A" priority > "B" priority
     - they are long 2 weeks-work
     For one week task "A" go ahead to 50% and task "B" remains to 0%.

     After 1 week some reason imposes to change "B" priority > "A" priority;
     what will happen?

     In my mind I suppose that the task "A" remains to 50% and task "B",
     starting from the 2' week, begin to grow.
     To implement my view planner needs a data model enhancement that
     allow:
        - correlation between "present time" and priority modifications
        - to store each priority modification and it's time and/or made
	  work before it for each task.

One step behind:
  1) to develope the previously described features in an acceptable time,
     at least for the first devel iteration, we must inactivate all kinds
     of task's dependencies that imply retroactions (Kurt, don't hates
     me ;), because the interaction between retroactions and
     full_priority_scheduling enhances algorithms complexity very much.

This is my (houmble) vision of planner future.

I hope that it is usefull for the future developements planner discussion.

Best regards, Matteo.

--
 Matteo Nastasi  -  Milano - Italy  | HomePage: www.alternativeoutput.it
 Sostenere e supportare GNU/Linux ! | IRC:    #linux-mi irc freenode net