Re: [Planner Dev] Prop. for new feat. - first patch

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:16:56AM +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've not had time to go through the patch very closely, but I have a few
> small comments for now:
>
> 1. The changed version checks in configure.in seems wrong.
It is wrong, I know, it's only to compile under standard debian sarge,
there is a better way to run it ?
When I have a little time I build a protected environment with all the
right version of required libraries.

> 2. Since UnitsInterval is moved to a header file, it should be changed
> to MrpUnitsInterval.
Ok, it is solved now.

> 3. Please use a better name than task_manager_get_work_for_calendar_ex()
> for that function :) _ex doesn't really say anything.
I'm thinking to remove the function and embed it's code into the only
function that use the "..._ex" function.

> 4. For the drawing parts, make sure that this still works for really
> long tasks. All the odd-looking code we have there is because the 16-bit
> limitation in X, so we need to be careful to not wrap around when
> drawing long tasks (and when zooming in a lot).
My code not work correctly with your clipping method (You can try it
using your method on the horizontal dashed border line of vampire task
and moving another window on it). I need an alternative method to clip
my graphical primitives.

Doesn't solve GDK this problem for us?

> 5. We need to come up with some other term than "vampire" in my opinion.
> Any suggestions?
  vlad task ?
  parassite task ?
the concept that I want to remark is the "unexpected resources absorption".

> That's it for now. Thanks a lot for working on this, it will be a great
> addition!

I'm only an opportunist, I need it ;).

Regards, Matteo.