Re: [Planner Dev] help

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 00:22 -0200, Bruno Cardoso wrote:

> Hi!

Hi

> I am MSc student in computer science of Brazil
> and would like to be contributing with algorithms
> of scheduling of tasks that would be
> included in my final project.

Terrific!  Anything specific in mind?

> Which the best way I to start? Already I made download
> of the version "planner-0.13.tar.gz" but in mine red hat 9 had lacked
> some packages then decided to try this package rpm
> "planner-0.12.1-1.i386.rpm".
> Any tip will be welcome!

Well, if you want to do some hacking, you should be working with the
latest CVS version.  To build it, you can follow the instructions here:
http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Planner_Installation_Guide

If you want to stick with RH 9, you will have to build lots of
dependencies.  You're better off upgrading to Fedora Core 4 if you can.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>