Re: [Planner Dev] PATCH: Tweaks to configure to help when compiling EDS integration on Gentoo

Gregory Symons wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The attached patch makes a few tweaks to the build system so that when
> building the EDS integration on Gentoo everything plays nicely.
> Basically, in the current version, trying to build the plugins, a
> sandbox violation occurs during the install, since an attempt is made to
> install the plugin libraries to their final destination rather than
> within the Gentoo sandbox image. So, basically what I did was add three
> options to ./configure: --with-eds-extensiondir, --with-evo-plugindir,
> and --enable-sandbox. The two --with options allow the user to specify
> the evolution-data-server extensions directory and the evolution plugin
> directory, respectively. These directories are the installation
> locations of the binary libraries and the .eplug file. By default, these
> two locations are equal to the locations reported by pkg-config. When
> the --enable-sandbox flag is enabled, an additional realplugindir is
> specified by querying pkg-config to find where the real plugin directory
> is on the system for substitution into the .eplug file. If not enabled,
> realplugindir is set to evo_plugindir.

Hi,

I'm usually not to keen on adding this kind of distro-specific patches
to CVS, since they are usually better kept in the ports/portage/debian
package/rpm spec files/etc. So I would prefer not to commit this.

Thanks,
Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/