Re: [Planner Dev] Planner on Windows

Francisco Moraes kirjoitti:
Hi,

I've been working on getting Planner to run on Windows and I have been successful so far, including libgnomeprint with the Postscript and PDF outputs (I am working on the Windows direct printing, but it will take a while).

The changes needed are not too big and some can make my life easier:

- define all directories in the config.h or Makefiles instead of code (example, DATADIR "/planner/dtds" should be avoided) - avoid using gnome specific functions, like GnomeEntry in the MS Project XML import plugin (anyway, this will be obsolete once GTK 2.6 is in use)
- can we swtich the about dialog to a custom one?
- libgnome-vfs doesn't really seem to help much as it is only used by the XSL module, so I had to change it

Help is still a todo in my list, but all the other function seems to be working nice with a native compile.

If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know. I know this has been attempted before, but now it is a lot easier without the libbonobo dependencies

I will keep everyone posted. I don't have place to put any "test" binaries but I will try later once I get further along. I need to merge the 0.13 changes (if any) since 0.12.94.

Uh.. Didn't noticed this... =)

Well I've somewhat working port that works under Cygwin (with or without) X Server.

Didn't never got native working since some of dependencies were very hard to build (like bonobo.. =)

I would be very interested in sources and system setup. If needed I can even provide temporary webspace (I've few GB or so to spare... ) for intermediate stuff for interested people.

--

Jani Tiainen