Re: [Planner Dev] Planner on Windows

Francisco Moraes wrote:

Hi,

I've been working on getting Planner to run on Windows and I have been successful so far, including libgnomeprint with the Postscript and PDF outputs (I am working on the Windows direct printing, but it will take a while).

The changes needed are not too big and some can make my life easier:

- define all directories in the config.h or Makefiles instead of code (example, DATADIR "/planner/dtds" should be avoided) - avoid using gnome specific functions, like GnomeEntry in the MS Project XML import plugin (anyway, this will be obsolete once GTK 2.6 is in use)
- can we swtich the about dialog to a custom one?
- libgnome-vfs doesn't really seem to help much as it is only used by the XSL module, so I had to change it

Help is still a todo in my list, but all the other function seems to be working nice with a native compile.

If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know. I know this has been attempted before, but now it is a lot easier without the libbonobo dependencies

I would love to - I've been campaigning to get my boss to try planner, but he uses Windows it so far hasn't been an option. We're a small group, so bloatware like MS Project is useless - Planner is a perfect tool.

Safe assumption that if I fire up a Windows machine and put Cygwin on it, I can get a copy of your sources and build? Otherwise, what would it take? (I live in a Linux world, but keep a captive w2k box for the odd occasion.)

I will keep everyone posted. I don't have place to put any "test" binaries but I will try later once I get further along. I need to merge the 0.13 changes (if any) since 0.12.94.

Francisco

Am so glad someone got the ball rolling on this one, can't wait to see it (and show it to the aforementioned boss..)

 -P