Re: [Planner Dev] Gantt View

lbell wrote:
The long-term plan is to make it possible to add/remove columns from the views. In the mean-time it might be worthwhile to tweak the currently shown columns, but the list is already a bit too wide for the gantt view so I don't think statically adding columns is a very good idea.

The static display patch is what is ready now. I plan (!) to work on dynamic column selection in the near future if this modification is worth the work. I don't want to put in the program more work than is necessary to suit my needs if i am the one interested to the subject.

We're definitely interested in having dynamic columns. I'm not sure which is the best way to store such data. In the project data is one possibility, a per user setting on the machine is the other.

I think that to display a little graphic symbol (icon, '!' character, bold font) if there is a note attached to a task is a good idea even in the actual version.

We've been talking about a column to display several small icons for things like note, critical task, completed task perhaps, etc.

Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/