Re: [Planner Dev] Planner for Windows

fmoraes nc rr com kirjoitti:
You can now try Planner on Windows. The installer and other information can be fond at http://winplanner.sourceforge.net/

Please send me feedback about it and any corrections to the instructions for the brave that try to compile it :-)

The Windows patch will continue to evolve as needed and hopefully it will be part of Planner. You can also test my pango printing patch in this version where you can mix English and other language characters freely on Planner (I've tested English + Japanese for example).

Okay, there is some issue regarding 0.13 and the way it does same date/time conversions. Specially it seems to affect systems running non-English versions of Windows.

Problem disappears in post-0.13 versions from CVS, where date/time handling has been rewritten.

After obtaining newest CVS-compilation it worked like a charm...

Few concerns about build process... New translations, current build can't handle them... Right? Since I'm considering to do Finnish translation...

Building installation tree. There should be "make -f Makefile.win32 install" (or similiar) that makes runtime tree, it's a helluva job to make tree from scratch. Specially for developers.

For bugzilla there might be need to start having different platforms, since there will be issues regarding different platforms (like runtime location depedency in win32 platform)

There is a thing regarding SF.NET page:

All GPL/LGPL sources should be local (it is generally considered inadequate just to link them since you have _no_ control for location of files in linkged pages) if you redistribute binaries.

<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites>