Re: [Planner Dev] Planner for Windows

Francisco Moraes kirjoitti:
Jani Tiainen wrote:

Nice job. I'll try to find way to compile that under Cygwin because Cygwin could provide better automake/autoconf tools than MSYS (that has a bad support for those)

Well, I chose MSYS because it was simpler to do. You can compile under Cygwin as my makefiles don't depend on autoconf/automake. I just didn't try it. My usual problem with cygwin is that autoconf doesn't select add the -mno-cygwin unless --host=i686-pc-mingw32 (or something like that I forgot).

At some extent it is simpler, yes.

You have to have that... --host=mingw32 to crosscompile on Cygwin.

Main problem in your approach is that it is somewhat version spesific. If something changes in makefiles or in buildprocess, you have to change makefiles. With autoconf/automake you just don't have to worry about those much and implementing platform spesific stuff is a bit easier.

Only thing that has given a headache is that damn backreference in planner.exe, but it's going away when separate views are compiled in main app (IIRC it has been raised as a bug/enh in bugzilla).

I'm starting to look that native printing stuff after I can compile planner properly.

Hopefully I can push our company to use Planner instead that fuckin' MS Project.

One reason I'm really interested is because now I can build Oracle DB support, and my company will be pleased to know that project plan can be integrated on other things, like project time tracking. MS Project can't ever do that.. =)

--

Jani Tiainen