Re: [Planner Dev] Changes and Test guide for database backend

Hi Brian!

First of all sorry about the delay. Very busy last weeks, I have in my
TODO list to answer the support database queries but ...

El lun, 18-10-2004 a las 21:03, Brian Skahan escribió:
> Alvaro,
>
> Thanks for the guide, sorry it took so long to get to.
>
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 10:08 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > 7. You can load now the project from the database with:
> >
> > File->Import->Open from Database
> >
> > Your project will be the one with id "1" and revision "1".
>
> Got to this point fine, \dt; shows the expected output.
>
> Trying to open from the database I get an empty version dialog and
> this on the command line:
>
> [code]
> Planner-Message: Database version : 0.13
>
> (planner:13256): Planner-WARNING **: File with no version:
> /usr/local/share/planner/sql/database.sql
> [/code]
>
> There's a database-0.13.sql file in that dir, should it be using that?

This is only a warning about having files without versions so the logic
to detect the right file using versions will fail.

So in your test environment, the database seems to be created ok and you
can save data into it. But then, it fails when you try to load data from
the database. Is it right?

This is a bit strange because you have already created the database and
also, save data into it, and I don't know why after doing that, you
can't load the data.

I am thinking in ways to continue debugging it. So, you have reached to
step 7 which fails. Maybe we can meet in IRC in the channel planner to
try to debug it. Can you also send me a dump of the database after step
6?

Cheers

-- ALvaro