Re: [Planner Dev] mysql database support

Miles wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

Support for MySQL (and other databases) is definitely a goal for us, and mostly the reason for switching from using libpg directly to using gda.

Having looked at the planner source a bit, it seems that the main obstacle is that planner uses cursors for its queries. The queries look simple enough though that they could be converted to SELECTs without problem. Is this correct, or is there a particular reason for using cursors?

I don't think there was any particular reason, just that it was an easy and quick way to get things working with postgres at the time we did it.

It would be great if you would look into this, especially since the database support still is a bit experimental. This means that we still have the freedom to change it around quite a bit, since we don't expect people to use it in production yet (even if some might already do so).

Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/