[Planner Dev] mysql database support

Hi,

I have a bit of time to spare, and I'm vaguely interested in mysql support for planner. Mostly so I can integrate it with other existing systems that we have where I work easily (timesheet and accounting).

First of all, is anyone else interested in this? Or am I going to end up regretting I ever thought of it?! The database part is all familiar territory for me, but I'm afraid data-access side layer of planner is a complete unknown for me.

Having looked at the planner source a bit, it seems that the main obstacle is that planner uses cursors for its queries. The queries look simple enough though that they could be converted to SELECTs without problem. Is this correct, or is there a particular reason for using cursors?

The other issue is that the db-build SQL is postgres specific at the moment, though this is pretty simple to sort out I think, provided the target mySQL version supports foreign keys and uses a transactional table type. I did notice that the postgres sql foreign key constraints are all deferred - do you know if making this stricter breaks anything, or is it just a default?

Any thoughts/directions/ideas/warnings appreciated.

Miles