Re: [Planner Dev] updated user guide

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 12:51, Pierre-Andre Galmes wrote:
> Nice job ! nice to have a good documentation about our favorite software
> :-)

thanks!

> # some comments about the pdf version :
>
> - page 3 : at the end of the page, in the foot notes, text is written which
>   should note (I suppose) : "Decreased number of screenshots due to..."

Those are revision history comments - I could probably make them a bit
more brief.

> # personnal comments (those are on the form and not about the content) :
>
> - it would be nice to have a first page with a nice image a planner logo
>   and a nice presentation.
>
> - the margins are not always respected, as for example in page 8 where
>   the image is over the margin, or page 4 where the title "table of
>   contents" eats a part of the left margin.

Agreed, the PDF transformation leaves much to be desired.  The images
actually used to go right off the edge of the page until I started
reducing them all in size by 60%.  At some point I'd like to have a look
at the stylesheet to see how it could be improved/customized so it has a
neater look.  Its just a question of finding the time to do it.

> Do you already have someone working on a French translation ? If not, I
> could help !

That would be terrific!  One of the things I'd like to get going in the
next few months is a more organized effort on the translation front.
All we have so far is a Spanish translation, and the i18n group has some
tools for managing doc translations that I need to have a better look
at.  I'll put your name down on my list!

Anyone else interested in translating for other languages?

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>