Re: [Planner Dev] Changes and Test guide for database backend

Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
Hi guys!

Hi,

I've finally tried the new database stuff. Unfortunately I didn't get far.

6. Launch Planner, insert a few tasks and and save them in Database:

File->Export->Save to Database

Normally use "localhost" as Server, "plannerdb" (change it if you want)
as Database and fill "planner" as the Username.

You don't have "plannerdb" create so Planner will ask you if you
want to create it. Ask yes so Planner can create the database.

It asks this, but can't setup the tables. The only thing I see is this:

(planner:10480): Planner-WARNING **: File with no version: /opt/gnome/share/planner/sql/database.sql

Which is just a debug message I think.

I'm not sure what goes wrong, there is only an error dialog that says that the creation failed.

When looking at the database, I get one relation:

 public | project | table | planner

and nothing else. So it clearly can connect to the database, but something goes wrong.

I remember us having problems wrt UTF-8. Are there still any constraints on how the database must be setup?

Any ideas?

Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/