Re: [Planner Dev] Task/Resource and Project property redo/undo patch.

Richard Hult wrote:
On mån, 2004-05-24 at 05:27 +0100, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

Attached is version 0.9 of this patch.

After a first brief look, it seems fine overall. I'll take a closer look
and commit this as soon as I can. Thanks a lot!

Great - this was probably the hardest set of code changes
in scope but in retrospect not that hard to work out. I find
I'm getting faster at this - though the fuzzy areas are some
of tree/view/model manipulations; I guess just more
patching needed to keep learning !

This does not restore the resource or task properties if
the custom property was deleted from the project.

Thats a fairly major activity. We could work on that or
simply warn that there is NO undo for the values and add
that in a later Planner version e.g. 0.13 /1.0.

It seems like a fairly uncommon task as well, so this might not be a too
bad restriction.

Thats what I was hoping you'll say !.

We should probably, in the interim, just add a dialog saying
that the delete of the column will lose all existing values
in that column and do they want to proceed ?. IMHO not a
0.12 road block.

Me - I'm off to the Chelsea Flower show tomorrow so
will be Lincoln|Pimms for a day ;)

(Pimms is a alcoholic drink popular in summer time,
http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/drink_feat_pimms.asp

The actual straight Pimms tastes a little herbally like
Fernet-Branca but Pimms is usually always mixed with
tonic/lemonade/soda whereas I drink my Fernet-Branca
straight.

when I get back then I'll be working on the XSL to do the
"Planner export as Planner" stuff - now that'll be fun.

Rgds,
Lincoln.