[Planner Dev] Planner enhancement ** Task Use Resource (plus Short Name patch) against 0.11 CVS.

Hi all,

the attached patch is a rolled up patch that has the
two new features of,

- Task Use Resource,
- Resource Short Name,

The task use resource gives you a button which when
you select a task (or tasks) and click it then it
pops up a resource list (one per task) the same as in
the Task Edit Dialog. Menu items and right-mouse also
work too.

Why it is useful is that when you build up your project
and then get around to assigning tasks its tedious
going through each task and doing Edit task -> Resource.

This patch DOES NOT adjust multiple tasks at once but
it does allow you to open up any number of task use
resource dialogs at once. Thus if you ctrl-click/shift-click
5 tasks you'll get 5 dialogs boxes opened (layered on top
of each other). They are titled so you won't get lost.

I tried to roll-up multiple tasks into one aggregate
dialog but it was too hard for my few weeks of Gnome
Programming experience.

The resource short name has been described elsewhere
and is only included in this patch as I can only diff
my local sandbox.

To upgrade your local copy of Planner,
Copy the glade file to ./data/glade
Copy the png image to ./data/images
Copy the DTD file to ./data/dtd
Copy the SQL file to ./docs/sql
Copy the .c or .h files to ./src

Then patch (patch -p0 <../planner-cvs011-lcjp-20040311-shortname-sql-use-resource.diff  )
Then make/make install as usual.

If you are using a database to store projects then
you will need to upgrade your schema. See the notes
in the /docs/sql but effectively you'll be doing something
like...

cd ./docs/sql
cat upgrade-0.6.x-0.7.sql | psql -e -U user -d plannerdb

Change user and plannerdb to suit your local installation.

All the above is bleeding edge until its been peer reviewed
so don't do this on anything you don't mind losing until
at least the others have seen the code and approved it.

Rgds,
Lincoln.