Re: [Planner Dev] Using HANGUL (KSC5601) input method as an example of breaking gantt row alignment.

Richard Hult wrote:

On lör, 2004-06-12 at 03:56 +0100, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

Richard,

If you set the text input method to hangul (KSC5601)
and then put something in (I have no idea what Hangul
means - I was just playing with different stuff until I
could find a bug ) but if you put in lower case letters
ASCII chars like 'x' then It'll seem to shove in correct
ideograms OK but you'll notice that these ideograms are
taller than regular ones. This causes the gantt table on the
left hand side to resize its height OK but the actual
gantt rows on the right hand side doesn't follow suit.

The whole gantt is now out of alignment. Is this the
problem you'd mentioned about before ? It may be for only
certain charactersets (maybe one with stacked dicritics
or similar weird stuff).

Nope, it's not the same (although it looks similar). The other bug has
something to do with when we check the row height and when the font is
set, and it seems like that bug isn't present when using a more recent
GTK+.
This one, when rows have different heights should be solvable but would
require a bit of reworking in the gantt chart since it currently assumes
that all rows have the same height (it's not that difficult to fix
though since the code is actually prepared for non-uniform heights).

OK - I'll raise it as a bugzilla and we'll leave it for later.