Re: [Planner Dev] file locking

The other reason why I feel file locking isn't good is that ppl would
have a total R/W acces to it which implies in some cases that they may
mess it.
On the other hand, I agree that file locking would be the only option to
get multiple users access any time soon. Going through the database and
limited user access to some field would be the best way to go but that's
for a later stage (post 1.0 iirc).

As a temporary solution I would see the file locking as a project option
(with the name and co). If the option is not on (which means it's off
*or* not told about in the xml file) then the actual behaviour should
apply. If the option is on then a lock file should be used when editing
the file.
This should provide a solution for cases for which the file's directory
has no file creation allowed for most of the users (ex: the directory
and its files are rw only for the project manager and r for the rest of
the team).

My 2 cents,
Xavier Ordoquy.