Re: [Planner Dev] Ttable and Gantt Merge

K, I will start on it. I thought about using subclasses but the
differences aren't that great and since this is C++ I didn't think it
was worth the trouble either. I will keep the list informed as I get
parts done.

--
Chris Ladd
Email: caladd particlestorm net
On tis, 2004-06-08 at 13:17 -0700, Chris Ladd wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi,

> I have started taking a look at the separate resource view and gantt
> view files and drawing up a plan of attack. If everything looks good
> with the steps below, I will start on it today. Here is my plan:

Thanks a lot for looking at this!

> planner-gantt-background -> planner-chart-background
> planner-gantt-chart -> planner-chart
> planner-gantt-header -> planner-chart-header
> planner-gantt-model -> planner-chart-model
> planner-gantt-print -> planner-chart-print
> planner-gantt-row -> planner-chart-row
> planner-gantt-view -> planner-chart-view

Looks pretty good :)

> 2. Add an enum to be passed to planner-chart to specify if you want a
> gantt chart or a resource view chart

Another possibility is to have:

planner-chart-background as a base class and planner-{gantt,usage}-
background subclasses that contain just the differences.

It's just an idea, and it's probably not worth it, just though I should
mention it.

> 3. Merge the ttable code into the new chart files, one file at a time.
>
> After each step above, I will submit a patch so that all the changes
> aren't saved until the end.

It looks like a good plan. The nice thing is that it's all in the
"middle-layer" of the GUI stuff so it's not affected by the undo changes
we have left, and vice versa.

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/