Re: [Planner Dev] Task dialog undo

On tor, 2004-06-03 at 07:52 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:

Good morning! :)

> > Isn't work always an integer? If so we don't need to allocate memory for
> > it, just set the data with GINT_TO_POINTER.
> >

> Hmmm, work as we read from the task dialog could be a double because we
> can use for example, "2.4". The same for duration. But for complete and
> priority yes, they are always integer so we can use this.

As you already know, I'd really prefer to keep fields in the struct for
all of these cases than to use g_object_{set,get}_data. But we can do
that sort of cleaning later :)

> > Same with duration and the others.
> >
> > Other than that, the patch should be fine to commit.
>
> I will change that and commit. With the patch I have 2 problems:
>
> 1. The complete field in the Task Dialog doesn't get updated when I
> change the complete value for a task. I have invest sometime trying to
> know why, but prority seems to use the same code in all the places
> (mrp-task.c and planner-task-dialog.c) and works ok. This is a problem
> because when you undo a complete change, the undo is done ok but the
> field complete remains with the previous value, not with the undoed
> value. You can see that it works ok looking to the gantt chart, to the
> task complete bar that appears inside the bar task.
>
> 2. I have to update the spinbuttons manually in some places:

You could commit the patch and file two bugs for these issues, so we
don't lose track of them.

> I have seem that the policy for spinbuttons are that only update when
> they have a correct value. But with correct values that have been
> introduced using the keyboard, also they doesn't update.

What do you mean that it doesn't update? Do you mean that the arrows
don't get sensitive/insensitive?

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/