Re: [Planner Dev] Migration from libpq to libgda nearly finished

Hi!

El lun, 05-01-2004 a las 22:45, Richard Hult escribió:
> sön 2003-12-28 klockan 13.45 skrev Alvaro del Castillo:
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > I have find sometime this weekend to do the migration from the libpq
> > library from Postgres to the more general libgda library in the Planner
> > database backend.
>
> Hi,
>
> I read through the patch and it looks fine. It would be great to make
> the debug output guarded with a #define d(x) type of thing that we use i
> n some other places.

Sure, and also clean some code that only is used to show the output from
a query.

> What are your plans for the near future, are you going to fix the small
> issues left (FIXMEs etc) or do you want someone else to help out?

I will fix all the small issues and send a final patch in order to
commit it that I will send yo the list first.

I think there are some problems now in the sql backend when you save and
load modifications in the default calendar. I will test it a little more
and try to fix it also in the new sql backend.

After my have migrated to the new gda backend, i would try to add
support for MySQL database,

If we have in the list some MySQL hacker it could be cool if he/she can
take a look at the actual schemas for Postgres in order to migrate  them
to MySQL.

Cheers