[Planner Dev] (no subject)

Alvaro,

After thinking a little about the order problem, it could be an
important problem. Imagine the user that introduces the task in an order and when it loads the tasks from the database, she receives the tasks in
a different order. It will be crazy!

Make sure when you design the database that you separate the "schedule" tables from the "view of the schedule" tables. I've done data models on project scheduling tools before and it always comes back to this. Each user who accesses the schedule needs one or more views of the schedule that they can change and save independently of other users. When a user opens a schedule, all of their active views of the data should also open as they were. You will also need to define a default view for users who don't yet have one. Usually it is something like: all tasks listed in start date order. When they customize the view they should be able to save the changes.

Also I have been thinking about other ways to test that the data is
complete. I take the XML storage as the reference always and the goal is
that all the information in the XML are also in the database.

It is likely that the XML was not designed in a way that will support the multiuser environment that a database design should be able to support. If you design the database correctly you will almost certainly need to change the XML so that it will store the additional data that the database design requires.

-- Brian Christensen