Re: [Planner Dev] lag & more

Richard Hult wrote:

On lör, 2004-08-28 at 15:13 +0200, Andrej Vodopivec wrote:
I am back from vacation.
Find attached the patch to fix the lag problem and my test case.

Thanks! I will take a closer look as soon as I can. One first short
question though:

+static mrptime
+task_manager_calculate_lap                (MrpTaskManager      *manager,
+			                   MrpTask             *task,
+			                   mrptime              start,
+			                   gint                 lag);

What does "lap" mean here?
lap is a typo. Please, correct it to lag.

On another note, I wonder if it would make more sense to actually fix
the day length and related issues across the code before adding the
second half of this patch. We have a mixed mess of code that hardcodes
the day to 8 hours, some parts are trying to calculate it from the
calendar etc. I'm not sure which way is best for handling this. MS
Project has an option for day length, IIRC. Any thoughts on that?
This is up to you. I modeled this by the code that computes the finish of a task
using calendar. If you think using 8 hour days is better I can fix that.

Andrej