Re: [Planner Dev] Win32 Port, Part Deux

On tis, 2004-08-24 at 02:06 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Been a bit busy with three things: first my wife got fancy idea to
> redecorate our home... Second is that my wife's laptop let the smoke out
> - literally. Never really seen before, but a little smoke came up from
> keyboard when starting her laptop - well now I've been building new
> system for her.

Ah, it's one of those old steam-driven laptops? ;)

> Third, and most interesting one is that I've been able to compile
> necessary libraries with truly _native_ win32 support. No need for
> cygwin or such. =)
>
> I'm pretty sure that now I'm able to do that long waited native
> Planner-win32.

Sounds great! Does that mean that the huge cygwin DLL isn't needed? Is
it a lot of trouble to setup, or could it be worth to post build
instructions for those daring people who'd like to do the same, and
maybe help out?

> Only thing that will need really lot of hacking is printing, but that's
> another story.

OK. Do you know if it's just the actual communication to printers that
is not working? If so, we could concentrate on getting output to a file
(ps/pdf) working first. That would be a pretty good start.

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/