[Planner Dev] MSP2Planner

Hi Folks,

It occurred to me a while back that since the most difficult part about
implementing an MPP import/export module is figuring out the MPP file
format and writing the code to read/write it, the easiest solution for
getting an MS project into Planner and vice-versa was to develop a VBA
plugin for MS Project to read and write Planner xml files.

I've worked on it on and off for a while, and it actually works pretty
darn well, but I've hesitated to release it for a few reasons:

1. I really want to see MPP file import/export in Planner, and don't
want to discourage someone from implementing a great solution because
there's this crappy workaround.

2. I don't have a heck of a lot of time to maintain it, and I want to
concentrate my efforts in the documentation area.

So if there's interest, I'll put it out on sourceforge, but if someone
who's not involved in Planner development and has some experience with
VBA would like to help with maintenance - that would be great.

Current status:

Developed on MSP 2000 and Planner v0.11, so it should work with more
recent versions, but guaranteed not backward compatible with earlier
versions.

Import:  Project Info, Calendars, Tasks, Resources, Allocations,
Predecessors
Export:  Project Info, Tasks, Resources, Allocations

--
Kurt Maute <Kurt Maute us>

-beware documenters bearing code-