[Planner Dev] Suggestion for project tracking planned v. actuals using Phase as a commit/restore tag.

Been bugging me to discuss this - Baselines (as MS Project
Refers to them) and how do we implement the same in Planner ?.

My thoughts today as I was dumping garden rubbish at
the local refuse tip, was this......

My idea is: We have a Project Phase so we should be able
to "commit" a phase and have the current tasks, work, duration,
completion and resource assignments (including costs)
remembered/tagged with that Phase.

Thus we're not constrained to just 1 "Baseline" but many.
If someone wants to call a Phase "Baseline" so be it.

So I envisage a button of "Commit Phase". Which snapshots
the above stuff for this into the XML datafile/database.

You should  thus be able to "Rollback" to a particular
Phase or also report of differences (in later versions
of Planner :)  ).

Thoughts ?.
rgds,
Lincoln.