Re: [Planner Dev] Uncertainty management / MonteCarlo simulation

No, that was not my idea.  My idea is to present the result in the Gantt
chart (for durations) and in other views for other type of data.  If I
have time and know how to use the gimp, I'll try to give you a picture.

If you are in the Gantt view, when you move the mouse over the start of
the task the probability curve of that starting time should appear and
mark you were you are like 80%, 30%, etc.  Of course that should be a
pop-up window but something more ease to work with.  At that moment you
can pick one value for your schedule (the Gantt chart)

In costs, you have the fixed cost that can also be uncertain (so you
have a probability distribution), and a variable cost that depend on the
duration.  If you set the duration time, the cost should be already
set.  Or it can be the other way.