Re: [Planner Dev] re: Remembering Tree State

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 14:24, paul sorensen abnamro com wrote:
> This sounds useful to me accept that I'm against storing state information
> in the same file that contains the data.  Different people may have
> different parts of the tree open.  Also, if a document "changes" just
> becuase some external state changes (such as tree positions, or my pet
> peeve: when a document was last printed) then version history/control
> becomes confusing.
>
> I'd suggest the approach of having a "status" file maintained by the
> application that remembers these kinds of things.  Also, let the user
> configure how long they would like the application to remember various
> states.

This might be a crazy idea, but what about an XSL file generated bu
Planner to store the state info?  You could combine the XSL with the
Planner XML file when you load it up to get the "XML document" with
state included.

Is the idea worth merit or is it overkill?  I only just thought of this
idea so I haven't had a chance to think over it yet.

Rob