Re: Gvfs and icons

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico ximian com> wrote:

> Are we really contacting the gvfs daemon for each icon, or something?

No, this is just the initial creation of the daemonvfs object.

If you look at
gvfs/client/gdaemonvfs.c:g_daemon_vfs_get_file_for_path
we just call the local vfs for this, not the daemon.
We also convert fuse paths, which _does_ call the daemon, but only if
the path has a prefix that looks like we should do so.